H.O.G. Pretoria FAQs
Our Principles of Safe Riding
- Drinking and driving never mix. This is especially true when participating in a group ride.
- Always ride in staggered formation; it gives you an extra margin for safety.
- Make sure your vehicle is in good operating condition. For example, a bad tire could cause an accident on a group ride.
- Always ride with your headlight on; Cars have enough trouble "noticing" motorcycles; riders should do everything possible to help them out.
- A group of motorcycles is not considered a single vehicle. Be courteous and allow cars to enter and exit the highway and change lanes. Generally speaking, a car will not want to ride in the middle of a group of motorcycles and will get out of the group as quickly as possible.
- Familiarize yourself with the route and scheduled stops.
- Arrive to participate in a group ride with a full tank of gas.
- Take responsibility for your riding, learn more ...
- and go enjoy yourself.
See attached renewal form for details.
How do I get my colours?
- You will get a new members card which must be signed off by the road captain.
- Attend Pack Rider Training. (PRT is presented once a month. See weekly HOG News for dates.)
- Attend 3 Breakfast Runs. After each ride the road captain must sign your card.
- Hand in your completed new members card at the HOG office.
- Please note that you need to complete the PRT and the 3 Breakfast runs within 3 months in order to qualify.
- Your Eagle and Pretoria rocker will then be awarded to you at the next Harley Night.
How do I know when my membership will expire?
To check your renewal date all you need to do is go onto the H.O.G. International Website www.hog.com, create a membership profile to view and edit all your details.
Where do I get a name badge?
Order your H.O.G. name badges by e-mail to email@example.com @ R100-00 each. Delivery time +- 2 weeks!!